– 1 Onion, diced
– 1 Tablespoons Dark Chocolate (or 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder)
– 1 teaspoon Cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried Coriander leaves
– 2 cloves Garlic, minced
– 1 can (no salt added) Tomato Sauce
– Handful pickled Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
– 1 can (no salt added) Beans of choice – Kidney, Cannelini, etc. – drained and rinsed
– 1/2 Lime, juiced
– Handful Cilantro, chopped
– 1 oz. Dark Chocolate, shaved
Sautee the onion in a bit of olive oil, then add the remaining ingredients except for the beans.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer 10 minutes.
Add the beans, let the mixture simmer another 10 minutes.
Serve the beans over rice with (optional) a squeeze of lime, some chopped cilantro and shaved chocolate!