🍃1 large yellow onion, diced
🍃2 large (jumbo) carrots OR 5 regular carrots, diced
🍃3 stalks celery, sliced
🍃1 8oz package cremini mushrooms (aka baby Bella mushrooms) sliced
🍃4 large cloves garlic, minced
🍃1 bunch cilantro, chopped
🍃juice and zest of 1 lemon
🍃2 quarts water
🍃1/2 cup barley
🍃1/2 cup quinoa
🍃1 teaspoon cumin
💥1 tablespoon sriracha
🍃salt and pepper, to your personal taste
1. Sautée the onion until translucent, then add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, garlic and cilantro and mix!
2. Add the water and bring to a boil
3. When water is boiled, add the barley and quinoa and mix! Allow mixture to come back to a boil
4. Add the lemon zest and juice and the spices and sriracha and mix!
5. Cover, reduce to simmer for 1 hour!
🍵 Serve and enjoy! 🍵