Over the surface of the water sprinkle
👉2 1/4 teaspoons granulated yeast
👉1 teaspoon sugar
Set aside and leave until foamy/bubbly (about 5 minutes
👉3 cups flour ( I ised half whole wheat, half white)
👉1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3. Add 1/2 cup oil to the yeast/water mixture and whisk, then add this to the flour immediately
Mix well until a dough forms, then knead by hand about 2 minutes until you have a smooth pillowy dough
4. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a towel, let rise for 6 hours
5. Punch the dough down and leave alone for 15 minutes while you prepare your toppings (I used mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives and parmesean cheese)
6. Place the dough in a 10 inch pan (I used springform) and spread it around with your hands. You can shape it up the sides of the pan too of you like a thick crust.
7. Spread mozzarella cheese first, then your toppings, then your favorite marinara sauce, then parmesean cheese (can anyone say Spumoni?)
8. Bake in a PREHEATED 450 degree oven for about 45 minutes.